Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bad Ass Bookshelves: Creative Ways to Display Your Books (Part 2)

Today is the continuation of yesterday's post on killer bookshelves. Short or tall, curved or geometric, wood or polyurethane, a bookshelf can be a way to express your creativity and even your philosophies.

Lighter than Air
Ok, so this bookshelf is actually part of a gallery exhibit. The concept is taking what we traditionally think of when we think of a bookshelf (heavy, bulky and immovable), and turning the concept on its end, turning the bookshelf into a delicate, airy chain. Though not technically available for public purchase, I feel like some quality time with metal snips and some heavy gauge hangers could yield something similar.



Now you See It... Now you Don't!
This concept is essentially the antithesis of a bookshelf, that is, when the bookshelf is properly filled with books, you don't see it at all. Here are a couple other examples of bookshelves whose job it is to be unseen.


This last one reminds me of me and my husband's cd rack, it has a very similar design. I wish it held some books!

A Good Kind of "Wall of Words"
I love the idea of utilizing an entire wall to store your books. It both eliminates the need for finding pictures and knick knacks to decorate an empty space with as well as offers an interesting conversation starter at dinner parties.

In Case you Couldn't Figure it Out...
This is one of those cheeky little pieces that is just as utilitarian as it is functional.

My Personal Favorite
If this had been around while I was a child you best believe I would have lived there until my parents pulled me out kicking and screaming. Combining a bookshelf with a clubhouse is every bookworm child's dream come true. To be honest, I still sort of want one.





No comments:

Post a Comment